MTK MMA will be heading to the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green on Saturday 13th April 2019. The promotion has announced they will be crowning the inaugural MTK MMA Welterweight champion and featuring an MTK MMA Middleweight title defense. The card is also set to feature a 4 man Featherweight Title Eliminator and stacked amateur card.
MTK MMA Welterweight Title Bout: Tayo Odunjo vs. Jaz Singh
It’s no secret that Tayo Odunjo and Jaz Singh emerged as the victors of the 4 Man Welterweight Eliminator and are now set to clash for the MTK MMA Welterweight title. We now have a date and venue for this intriguing title fight between two talented fighters coming off of their successful professional debuts.
Jaz Singh (1-0) let the Welterweight division know that he was a force to be reckoned with after knocking out kickboxing veteran Tommy King in the first round. Singh replaced an injured Scott Jansen and found himself part of the 4 Man Welterweight Title Eliminator with 3 dangerous finishers. Singh is a member of Team Crossface in Watford, where he trains under head coach David Lee.
Tayo Odunjo (1-0) earned his title shot after he submitted the dangerous Jahreau Shepherd in the first round at the Indigo last month. Odunjo brought an amazing group of supporters with him that will definitely make their presence known at the historic boxing venue York Hall. Tayo trains under the tutelage of MMA veteran Steve O’Keefe at Revolution Martial Arts and works on his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Roger Gracie Academy.
Tayo Odunjo fans celebrating outside of the Indigo in London
Additional MTK MMA details
- MTK MMA Middleweight Champion Dan Vinni is set to make the first defense of his title on the card. Vinni captured the title in a slick performance against Patrick Vallee last month at the Indigo. Vinni mangled the Frenchman’s arm with a brutal armbar for the first round submission. It will be interesting to see who the champion gets matched up against in April.
- Savage Squad members Alex Montagnani and Jahreau “The Nightmare” Shepherd are both confirmed for the fight card. Montagnani was last seen stopping Shah Hussain in the main event of MTK MMA’s debut show in May. Jahreau Shepherd will be looking to rebound from his title eliminator loss against Tayo Odunjo. According to his recent social media posts, Shepherd will be making the move to Middleweight or possibly Lightweight.
- Lightweight prospect Billy Cornell returns to MTK MMA after making his professional debut in October. Cornell’s submission win against Ahmed Alash was one of the highlights from the last MTK MMA card.
- Joe “The Gentleman” Draper makes his return to the MTK MMA cage after suffering a tough loss against Jordan Peake in the Cage Warriors Academy Grand Prix. Draper defeated Dontel Forrester on the first MTK MMA card in May. The Combat Sports Academy representative will be keeping busy by taking on Tony Laffert in a K1 bout on 1st December.
- Diego “The Barbarian” Barbosa has been a busy man recently with two first-round submissions against Micky Millar and Will Curry in October. You can catch the Barbarian in action at MTK MMA in April.
- The promotion will return to the successful 4 Man Title Eliminator format to crown a champion in the Featherweight division.
Tickets go on sale soon www.eventbrite.co.uk